Gîte near Le Mas d'Azil in the Ariège Pyrenees
Sleeps 2 to 6 people | MAP |
Situated at the foot of the Pyrenees, 10 km from Le Mas d’Azil in the hills of the Plantaurel at 600m altitude, the 90 m2 first-floor apartment is south-facing with a view of the Mont St Barthélemy.
- Independent entrance
- Large living area with kitchen corner (with dishwasher), 2 double convertible couches
- Bathroom (with clothes washer)
- separate WC
- 1 en suite beroom with two twin beds and southeast-facing balcony
- Gas central heating. Solar-heated water in summer
- fish pond, garden furniture, barbeque
You can visit Nicole’s basketweaving workshop as well as the Angora goat farm and Mohair boutique next door.
The gîte is situated on the walking trail between Les Moulis and Le Mas d’Azil, which features 4 dolmens. The is the possibility of taking a guided hike with a naturalist.
Near the cave are several art and craft studios, the “Affabuloscope”, the Xploria park and farms selling high-quality produce.
In Le Mas d’Azil you’ll find all shops and services, 3 restaurants, tennis court, swimming pool, a farmer’s market on Wednesdays. In Carla-Bayle is a park for climbing Sequoia trees, a street full of art galleries, exhibitions, etc.
On account of the presence of the herd of Angora goats, only extremely well-behaved dogs are admitted.
|9 July to 19 August||470 €||￼- Sheets : 10 € per bed or bring your own
- Heating not included in price: (about 10€ / day depending on the temperature)
- Tourism tax included
|Other French holiday periods||430 €|
|Outside of French school holiday times||330 €|
|Extra person per week||40 €|
|Extra bedroom (on ground floor with en suite bath)||165 €|
|Weekend (or 2 nights) outside Fr. school holidays||165 €|