Farms to visit in the Ariège Pyrenees
Agriculture is the principal economic activity of Ariège and some farms
La Ferme des Moulis in Camarade
Marco and Nicole raise angora goats to produce mohair. You can see and pet the curly-haired goats and their kids and in the spring watch them being shorn. There is a shop with mohair articles such as yarn, scarves, hats, socks, pullovers and blankets.
- The snail farm at Barjac
- La Boutique de l'Ecureil (hazelnut orchard)
- The lama farm at Auzat
- La Grange de Bamalou (cow's milk cheese)
Some farms invite you to visit and offer a little snack, usually including some of their own produce, such as:
- Guy Bernadac's farm at Verdun where he raises Gascony cows
- La ferme du Quié at Les Cabannes raises ducks and Gascony cows. In summer they lead groups up to their summer pastures to visit the herd.
- Christine Bernard in Le Fossat, raising sheep and bees for honey
- Marie Eve Dumons in Camon (cows and pigs)
- La Ferme d'Ussau in Betchat (cows)
- The bison farm at Lapenne