Leisire activities for the whole family
in the Ariège Pyrenees
Mountain bike hire. Adventure on 2 wheels. Easy, relaxing pleasure riding for the whole family
We drop you off at the mountain pass with the bike and you simply cruise down to the valley while admiring the splendid scenery surrounding you.
5 routes to discover, levels of difficulty ranging from easy to sporting
LocaCycles Massat ~ 09320 Massat ~ Tél : 05 61 96 07 03 | email
The Animal Park of
In the middle of the countryside, on 17 hectars of verdant, wooded land, you'll discover more than 400 animals: domestic as well as rare animals from all over the world, some of them endangered species.
- Forest park; fairytale woods, Indian village, playground, barbeque and picnic area, refreshment stand
- Programme ANIFANT : various events throughout the year, for example egg hunt at Easter, puppet theatre, pumpkin carving at Halloween, etc.
- Located 10 kms from Pamier
- Open daily from 10 am
- Closed in December and January
- "Cheques vacances" accepted
ANIMALAND - La Bourdette - 09100 Pamiers - Tel : 05 61 67 00 28
Mohair Pyrénées - Angora goat farm
Guided tours to see the goats and kids every day from 3 to 5 pm
- Mohair boutique open from 3 pm to 7pm
- Museum of basket weaving
- Coach parking
- Shearing is done every day at 3 pm in March and August
Ferme des Moulis, 09290 Camarade, Tel/fax: (33) 05 61 69 91 59
Panoram'âne - Walks with pack donkeys
Donkey hire for family walks or mountain hiking
- A variety of muiti-day circuits for all levels of ability
- Donkeys can carry baggage or young children (under 50 kg)
- Accommodations in B&Bs, gîtes, camping
- English, German and Dutch spoken
Panoram'âne - La Bourdasse - 09320 Aleu - Tel: 05 61 04 43 19
Pays des Traces - come discover another way of looking at nature
On 3 hectars of a former farm, a theme park for children and adults to learn about the natural world through Ichnology -- the science of exploring the past through tracks and traces left by living beings.
- Plaster casting of animal tracks
- Mountaineering techniques
- Grotte du Loup, Végétanimal, Trapper campfire evenings
Ferme du Miguet ~ 09190 Saint-Lizier ~ Tel : 05 61 66 47 98
Parc de la Préhistoire (Prehistoric Park), Tarascon
Open April through October
Unique of its type, fun and educational for all ages, this park uses the latest techniques to recreate the world of caves and the traces left behind by prehistoric humans.
Underground river at Labouiche, between the Bastide-de-Sérou and Foix
The longest navigable subterranean river in Europe. Boat tours lasting 45 minutes.
Rêve et Magie du Rail, Tarascon
Open late June to mid-September 14h - 18h
Enormous model train installation near the rail station at Tarascon, created by a group of model train fanatics. 520 m of track, 21 locomotives, 170 wagons, 170 houses, 300 trees, replicas of famous Ariège landmarks, lights, sounds...
La Ferme aux Reptiles, near the Bastide-de-Sérou
Open daily in summer, weekends only the rest of the year
Snakes, lizards, turtles, etc. Guided visits.
La ferme aux Bisons, near Mirepoix
Open noon - 6pm, spring, summer & autumn
Bison farm, with daily tour in 4x4 or tractor-pulled cart. Also deer park, nature trail, restaurant on site serving meals prepared with farm products
Parc Animalier, Fabas in the Volvestre area of the Couserans
Exotic races of farm animals, including miniature horses and goats, llamas, donkeys, birds and poultry. Excellent diversion for small children, especially in the spring when there are many lambs, kids, chicks to be cooed over.